Thursday, February 28, 2008

Segment 2



So, the next part of my week was nice. I had a lazy Sunday, but got up early(ish) and read/cleaned and went shopping with Vaida because she wants to get an MP3 player and a laptop. That's how I reorient myself with real life....by avoiding it.

Vaida and I went to Sarp and Mattia's apartment to cook some dinner, because let's face it, 2 hotplates in a dirty dormitory kitchen sometimes just aren't satisfactory for your needs. I miss home cooked meals very much, so I really enjoy going over to friends' apartments and cooking. Sarp usually doesn't let us help, because he wants us to relax, but I insisted, and he let me chop onions and make the sauce. We had an interesting time slicing the bacon. I told Sarp it was because his knives are crap because he puts them in the dishwasher, and he doesn't have a sharpener :) I then suggested that he use scissors. He made a face, but used my advice, and was very pleased.

We made pasta, because it is easy, and one of the most filling meals that someone on a tight budget can make and share. It was quite good, because Sarp infused the sauce with some great spices that are typical of the motherland. Even Mattia, who claims that no one but Italians can make pasta, had multiple helpings. Good times, good friends, good food. What more could you want from life?

2 comments:

Kimberly Cordell said...

It looks like you have accumulated cooking expertise from your grandma your momma and Mary- well okay , the Cordell men do pretty well too.

scordell said...

Glad you're getting together to share meals with friends. When I lived in Paris, one of my favorite things to do was go over to a friend's apartment to cook with them. We'd share duties in the kitchen, sit around eating and talking, then sip wine late into the evening and compare experiences, cultures, family life, political views. But most of all, we would laugh. At jokes, at circumstances, at whatever silly thing someone had just said. It was pure enjoyment.

Tell Vaida she is getting mmore famous with each blog.