Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When your job pays off!

So, sometimes working at the BCC has some REAL benefits. Last Friday we went out to Modra, which is right outside of the city, to a restaurant called U Richtára, which opened in 1592. It was a massive establishment, and we were shown to the very back of the place for our exclusive event. The point of the event was for one of our Members to present a project that they had been working on in cooperation with the EU and some of the other Member states. Also, to gorge ourselves on roast goose, lokše and marinated purple cabbage. I also tried pfefferoni chilis for the first time. They are little red peppers that look like cherry tomatoes. THEY ARE NOT! I knew this when I tried one because John and I were playing a game called "rate that burn" where we score the fire going on in our mouths. It was fun!

Here are the folk singers that serenaded us throughout the night. They were very skillful, and even played Yellow Submarine! (don't know how that fit into the atmosphere, except that it was a BCC event...) They even had CDs!



Here is my place setting :) BEFORE the mess



PILED HIGH WITH FOOD! Some of the Members make fun of me because I always bring tupperware to the events, because I am poor and can't afford to feed myself (at least, I wasn't before). No tupperware this time, but they kept encouraging me to eat more.



Here is the bowl full of goose and duck that we passed around. There were two vegetarians at my table, so we got extra if we wanted it :) The meat was so delicious!!! Not like Canadian geese, which you just CANNOT eat.



All in all the event was great! We had transport to and from so everyone was relaxed while they were there. I like the idea of mixing business and pleasure. I even came up with the name for the style of event! Its called "Commerce Meets Cuisine". Catchy, yes?

1 comment:

Kimberly Cordell said...

Oh you really should try your hand at marketing! Cuisine Queen...