Friday, October 31, 2008

Further culinary adventures...

So here is another round of food-related photos! I have great friends who love to get their hands dirty in the kitchen. First, we will focus on my French friends Anne-Elodie (Anna) and Mathieu. They live in a great top-floor flat with a terrace and a grill! When was the last time I ate something off of the grill? I don't want to talk about it because its been so long that I can feel an iron-from-bloody-meat deficiency coursing through my veins.

Luckily, these wonderful people came to my rescue!



MMM, veggies too!





The finished product! Mathieu, you are my hero.



Not long after Erin and I decided that we wanted to make our own pizzas! This was something I was familiar with because I used to be surrounded by Hotelies, so I was excited to rekindle the magic.

Here are some of the ingredients we used!



We had to use ready-made bases because they didn't seem to have any dough. Oh well. It's Slovakia. You get used to not being able to find what you want. For example, I had to go all the way to Hungary to find vanilla extract!



Erin making her pizza! We used a sundried tomato, basil and garlic pasta sauce, and it was oh so delicious.



Tastiness in the making!



Obviously excited (and hungry), but able to pause for a photo.



Look at those portobellos!



The excitement builds! Time for the oven!



The pizzas came out really well. We used gouda cheese on the bottom and camembert on the top, so every bite was creamy. Also, we put cloves of garlic on top! One of my favorite parts about making pizza? Eating the toppings as you go :).

3 comments:

Kimberly Cordell said...

Can we do those for Christmas? You might make a page in the next Sweet Potato Queen's Fat Ass Cookbook. Sounds naughty, but all the recipes have cheese- yum.

Brian said...

It looks like you hang out with a lot of older men.

E.M. Cordell said...

yes Brian, many of them are your age. :) JUST KIDDING. my international group of friends also has a variety of ages. Many people are in the 26-28 range. I tend to be one of the youngest in the group