Friday, October 17, 2008

GET OUT AND VOTE!

As a US citizen abroad, and watching American politics unfold on www.cnn.com (i dont have a tv) I believe it is VERY important for EVERYONE who is eligible to get out and vote in this election. I am not going to sit here and endorse anyone, because I know that the right to vote is just that: every individual's RIGHT.

I signed up for my absentee not too long ago through the American Embassy here in Bratislava and here is my ballot!



Can you believe that they sent me political propaganda all the way out here? Talk about starving for support.



So now everything is filled out and ready and I will be giving the Embassy my envelope so that they can send it back to the States to be counted (free of charge! Go Consulate Services!)



If I can go through all that, all of you who are able should register to vote and visit your local polling place on November 4th. Don't sacrifice the right you were blessed with. If you do, you have no right to complain about the results. There should be no WIN-LOSE in politics. If everyone participates, everyone wins. After all, in the end we are all on the same team. GET OUT THERE AND EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT!

5 comments:

syd said...

youre a dork.

Kimberly Cordell said...

Cheerleader for America! I vote for you. But I don't make contributions. I expect to see more women than ever out voting this year. After 88 years we have to make a difference. All three of my daughters will be voting and I am so proud.

Unknown said...

um... not to be a downer, but sounds more like you stayed in and voted. Isn't it a little much to ask that everyone else has to leave their apartment to vote ;-)

ps... what happened with your hair in the second photo, looks like u had a bit of trouble with the voting process (did u lose your no.2 pencil)?

Brian said...

You should vote for Obama. I get to vote for or against gay marriage, again. This will be my third time. In 04 and 06 Ohio and TN respectively decided to discriminate...we'll see what FLA does in 08.

scordell said...

Thank you for encouraging everyone to "exercise the franchise." Americans take a lot for granted, including their right to participate in the democratic process. Were they to visit a country that doesn't have that right, I think they would have a different perspective. Every vote matters.