Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Near Death Experience

So it is a beautiful day today, and to bask in the sun's glow I met Anders and Rob for lunch near the Danish Embassy. We were enjoying our daily menu selections when I heard the following:

*rumble*
(silence)
*CRASH*
*roll*

A basketball sized piece of the roof had gotten loose from the top of the building, careened down, and crashed 3 feet from where I was sitting! I almost had my head clobbered in by an end piece of clay tile roofing! That would certainly have put a damper on my mood! Everyone around us was so shocked. Luckily, I only heard what happened, I didn't actually see it coming toward me. The boys however, were so surprised that they kept asking me if I was ok! Don't worry, no damages, but a very embarrassed restaurant staff.


1 comment:

Kimberly Cordell said...

Holy Moly, was that a sign from God?