Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If that's movin' up then I'm.......

MOVING OUT!

I know you all love a little Billy Joel

I moved into a new place this week! My friend Erin from Australia was kind enough to open up her new home to me. She needed a roommate, I needed a new place to live. When I got back from Dunajska Streda, she picked me up from the bus station and me drove to my dorm. I hadn't packed anything yet because I thought I wouldn't be moving out until the end of the week, but she called me on Saturday to see if i was available, and I couldn't help but say yes!

We drove to my dorm, and she immediately realized why i was so eager to move out.

This was my old life:



We packed up everything, got it over to her house in 2 trips (she has a car, and was an angel in letting me use it!!). We then dropped everything off and headed to IKEA to get some items that we needed, and then to Aupark to get my keys made and to do some grocery shopping.

Her place is MUCH closer to the city centre, so it only takes me 15-20 minutes to get to work now by foot, or 10 minutes if I take a tram for part of the way.

Here is us trying to put together our clothing racks :) IKEA instructions are hilarious. Luckily, she had a screwdriver for us to use.





While I unpacked everything Erin made us dinner! I kept asking her if I could help, but she insisted. She made seasoned chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and a fresh salad with balsamic and olive oil. Perfect after the long day I had.



I am so happy in my new place. There is so much room everywhere! The little conveniences you take for granted just come rushing back. The only thing I have to work on now is getting internet service, or a broadband card :).

Here is my new address:

Belopotockého 3, Izba 1
811 05 Bratislava
Slovak Republic

Thank you to everyone to listened to my ranting about the closed quarters of my former living situation. I love and adore you, and hope that I did not drive you insane.

2 comments:

Kimberly Cordell said...

Best of luck to you and Erin! It looks like a wonderful apartment.

scordell said...

Billy Joel, indeed. How about Pet Clark - "Downtown." Things will be great when you're downtown. And you'll have fewer annoyances, like refrigerator thieves, bus fare police, and the like. However, life in the dorm, like all experiences, taught you some things. If you had moved to the lap of luxury when you first arrived, think of the huge gaps that would be in your blog entries. Things like striped sheets, or signs on the fridge, or just the bonding with your new roomies. All in all, it was for the best.

Hmmm, you and the instructions for a new clothing rack. How do you say "some assembly required" in Slovak?