Friday, September 5, 2008

Why is it that...?

This one is for all of my friends SOUTH of the Mason-Dixon*. I love you guys.


Why is it that people who are classified as "White Trash" push the limits of their trashiness? Is it purely for the entertainment of us Yanks*?


*(for the foreigners who read my blog: Mason-Dixon is the imaginary geographical line that separates the North from the South, and also serves as the border between Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. A "Yankee" is a slang term for a Northerner)

1 comment:

Kimberly Cordell said...

What makes you ask a question like that?
One can look trashy, or act, trashy, or talk trashy without being white or Southern. . I don't think I have ever seen anything worse than what is portrayed in the movies. Teenagers push the limits of vulgar, obscene, and unacceptable behavior more than any age group I know. Austin Powers is the trashiest Comedy and Texas Chainsaw the trashiest Horror(I could not even watch more than ten minutes). Felix the Cat was a trashy cartoon. It was so embarassing we left the theatre. I really don't think there is anything entertaining about trash. But Goerge Carlin really made me laugh when he satirized our base behavior.