Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mmmm. Food.

Such a big part of my life. Most eat to live, I live to eat. Can you blame me when stuff looks this good?


Rabbit (sorry bethany) wrapped in bacon with a plum sauce that I had at the Three Musketeers restaurant. The decor in this place was hilarious, and they even wrap bibs (well, large cloth napkins) around your neck!



I obviously enjoyed the bib part



Also notice the HUGE beers? They are not just "Velke" (or 0.5L) but a "Porthos" portion (0.7L) It took me FOREVER to drink it, but it stayed cold because of the earthenware mug!



Banana (bread) Cake! I put bread in parenthesis because that is what it is supposed to be, but as you can see, it looks much more like a cake (and tasted more like a cake) because of ingredients and utensils used. Delicious though. I attempted my first international banana bread at Erin's employers house. Lots of fun, and now I know I can do, so there will be more for sure.



Erin has this "Higher Taste" cookbook, and we thought we'd try to make something! This is Baba Gannouj. Tasty! They didn't have tahini in Tesco, so I thought maybe we could make our own with some sesame seeds, olive oil and an immersion blender! The funny part? It actually worked! (at least in the most basic way) Then we baked some pita bread with some seasoning, and we were in business!



Many more culinary adventures to come I am sure :) Especially once I actually find time to grocery shop

1 comment:

Kimberly Cordell said...

Will you cook for me when i am old and tired? Soon. Maybe you can take over Thanksgiving even.How many Harpers does it take to carve a turkey? All of them! Pass that drumstick please.