Thursday, April 3, 2008

Things I see...

I've realized that I'm getting worse and worse at actually updating this on a regular basis.  I suppose that really depends on your personal definition of what "a regular basis" is...but suffice it to say that I am somehow always busy, always tired, or always on Skype and therefore not writing.  I can't promise this will change, but I can promise to make an attempt at scheduling time for it.  This will be in segments, so that it's not one HUGE chunk of life.

So. Let's start with a photo tour (par for the course)

I tried to figure out what they were doing here, but no one looked particularly friendly enough for me to approach them with my usual "prosim anglicky?".  I also looked on the internet, but that search was fruitless.  All I know is that there looked to be a lot of music, and some visual media.  Pretty cool...except that I had things to do that day so I couldn't participate (whenever it decided to get the party started)  It was broken down already the next day.

This is the visual media part I was telling you about.  Amazing how clear the picture is from the screen to the camera to your eyeball.

As I tried to make myself a salad one night, I cut open my pepper only to find....another pepper!  My pepper (or paprika) somehow was blessed by immaculate conception and was sprouting another baby pepper inside it.  Strange, and somewhat unnerving.  I did NOT eat the bastard pepper.  The salad was good though.

So people are already starting to get pumped up for the Olympics.  This is the main square near where I work, and they had the concert one week, and then put in all this fun equipment the next week including blow up people, slides, and a main stage.  These people have fun...they must not have jobs.

CSOB is actually a bank here that is a part of our membership.  The Director is a really nice guy.  They hold this marathon every year, and there is a 5k and 10k course, and also a children's run (500m).  The course takes the runners all around Bratislava, across the bridge to Petrzalka and then back again!  One of my friends participated in a relay portion...he can no longer feel his legs.  That, or he feels them too much, I'm not sure.  This is why I stay away from running.  

2 comments:

scordell said...

Looks like the City is gearing up for the season. Must be spring!

Kimberly Cordell said...

That pepper looks like genetic engineering. Your pictures make me more and more excited to come see you and get the personal tour.