Thursday, March 27, 2008

Moment of Peace

So, as I mentioned in a previous entry, I did some proofreading for the Swedish Chamber of Commerce because they don't have the resources to get it done professionally. I didn't think much of it, but I was a little peeved that Livia was auctioning me off to her colleagues without telling me about it. I have met the Executive Director, Michaela, and I like her a lot, so it wasn't a big deal.

Well, there was a Chamber of Chambers meeting yesterday to disucess the Garden Party we hare hosting in June, and Michaela was the first to arrive. As soon as she walked in the door, she thanked me profusely for my help, and gave me a gift basket! It was completely unexpected, and very generous of her. It included some coffee products, teas, and sweets. Perfect for my dormitory...and I couldn't wait to sample! I don't drink coffee all that much, but my roommates do, and I know they'll appreciate having some extra java around. I even shared some of the hazelnut creme wafers with my English students! Deeeelish.

3 comments:

Bananerama said...

you sound like eloise when you say that :)

you simply must oh MUST try the chocolate here, it is rawther splendid!

Kimberly Cordell said...

Teaching Grandpa to find your blog. You should hear from him soon.

scordell said...

And so the reputation of the "American Intern at the British Chamber" expands. Good work. See how appreciated you are?