Monday, March 24, 2008

You're telling me "ß" makes an "S" sound?

On Saturday, I went to VIENNA!!!!!!!!!!!

General statements: Beautiful City. Beautiful people.

Begin the photo tour!!!!

The boys trying to figure out where we were. Vienna is MUCH larger than Bratislava, so navigating can be a slight challenge. Luckily, Raffael is a native speaker of German, so asking directions was a pretty easy task...or so we thought. Everytime we attempted to ask someone, they weren't from Austria! They spoke English! I thought that was comical.

Proof that racial equality and understanding is a global initiative.

On the steps of Parliament! With a backdrop of the "Simpsons Sky" as Raffael called it :).

The Austrians are very proud of their cultural heritage.

Oh look! A pretty church! (this happened a lot...sort of like when I went to Italy)
We saw these carriages everywhere as part of a city-wide tour. You have to watch out for horse pucky wherever you go. Vienna has the Spanish Equestrian School, which is one of the most prestigious in the world.

Self-explanatory in front of the Natural History Museum. There was actually a line to get a picture with this little guy!

Famous hotel in Vienna. They make one of the best chocolate cakes ever. I haven't sampled it yet...I'm waiting for my Mommy to come :) 1. because she loves chocolate 2. she'll foot the bill

One of the many sweet shops around the city. There are special Mozart Candies. I will bring lots of them back to the states. They are delicious. A chocolate ball with various fillings, that you are supposed to dunk in a special alcohol, light on fire, and eat. I skipped the alcohol and fire part.

WOAH! HOW DID HE GET HERE?!?!

The inside of that pretty church I told you about. It was a madhouse in there. Not very respectful from a religion point of view.

Calling God has never been easier! Try Trinity-Mobile!



Vienna is a charming city. There is plenty of action going on for entertainment, food, culture, and leisure. I also learned a bit of German in addition to my adventure on Friday! I'm going to need some work on my pronunciation and intonation though. We were even able to find a great cafe with a man playing piano music (Mommy!! He played "Tea for Two" and I thought of you!!!) and I ate this amazing cheese/apricot streudel. There are so many things to see and experience, and the best part is that it is only 1 hour away by train! I will definitely be visiting it again many times. Our trip was pretty short because we just wanted to get a feel for the city, and have a mini-getaway from Bratislava during the holiday. When we got back home, everything was so quiet in comparison. I feel so blessed to have all of these amazing cities so close to me. Next on the list? Prague!

2 comments:

scordell said...

You are a hoot. "Calling God ... Trinity Mobile." That is funny!

The other pics are nice, too. Thanks for the mini tour. Sounds like Vienna is a really cool place. Can't wait!

Kimberly Cordell said...

Great Pics Elise. Your friends all look like fun people. How wonderful to have so many ready to travel buddies.