Thursday, March 6, 2008

Say Cheese!

So, I had a random thought today. I was wondering how many tourist photos I've made a cameo in.


There are tourists groups in the main square by my office everyday, and I somehow always end up in the background of what they are doing. I am walking by the Napoleon statue on my way to the post office...*click*...I am crossing the street to get to my favorite bagel place...*click*...I am talking with friends outside of Verne (a very good restaurant) which happens to be by the American Embassy...*click*...I am waiting by the McDonalds to meet people for lunch or an outing...*click*.


I think it would be interesting if you could do a global search for your face and see where it turns up. I think I would show up a lot in Asia, because the tourists from those countries are shutter-crazed.



This guy here is popular with the photo-journalist tourist group. His name is Paparazzi, and he is a centerpiece for the Paparazzi Restaurant on Laurinska. Posing with him is always a creative experience. You have to decide if you're the celebrity he is stealing a picture of, an innocent bystander, or a fellow cameraman. I haven't eaten at the restaurant yet. Maybe when I get paid. :) (Which should be today! woo!)

1 comment:

Bananerama said...

My fellow members of First Year Players and I were wondering the same thing when at least three Asians began taping/photographing our impromptu performance at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

Please watch the internet highway for signs of "Crazy Musical Americans make fools of themselves at prestigious memorial in Washington DC"

Personally, I think that would be a cameo performance worth a pulitzer or two.