Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finish Line...

I've crossed it.

If you go to THIS WEBSITE you will see the electronic version of my labor. It isn't perfect, but such is life when you only have so much control.

Finally, a sense of accomplishment.



I had another accomplishment recently as well. I was asked to do all of the invoicing for 2009 (yeah, I know) but the database had been created more than 5 years ago on another computer system in Slovak, and therefore could not be opened on my computer because it caused Access to stall and eventually die. Therefore, I had to do it on my boss's computer....which happens to be set in the Slovak language. She also asked me to figure out how to change the currency field to have EUR instead of SKK. This may seem simple, but we're talking about a Slovak (and outdated) version of Access that was created as a "Switchboard". Element OVERLOAD.

However.


I FIGURED IT OUT! IN SLOVAK! And finished ALL of the invoices for 123 Members. I really do come from the techonological generation. Hence: I rule. :) (celebratory dance inserted here)

1 comment:

Kimberly Cordell said...

That is a tremendous accomplishment! I could not do such a thing in Spanish or English; or even with paper and pencil.